VIDEOGRAPHY FOR REAL ESTATE

At the point when I initially began videography for real estate, I saw that there were a ton of photographic artists in the specialty who didn’t have drone licenses. Subsequent to getting my permit, I understood that drone photography is a lot of conceivable on the lookout.

Some of the reasons why any agent should use drones for their list is that they differentiate themselves from other agents, get helicopter view angles of home and surrounding areas, eye-catching view of home areas, Highlight from, and separates the house from other lists in the area.

My drone license is primarily used here in Toronto for multimedia work – photography and videography.

My current focus has been on real estate photography and videography, and to find out; it’s important that you or I have a robot permit. There are no exemptions for this standard. 

Why use drone photography for your posting, and does it matter?

Any photo or video taken with drone-powered motors is labeled with aerial or drone material. It doesn’t matter if it is fifteen feet from the ground or one foot from the ground – if the drone is powered by a motor and away from the ground, you fly a drone called a drone.

If so, and you are doing it for cash, then you need a permit. In the event that you don’t have a permit and you are fund-raising for your work or for your business, you are overstepping government law which is a criminal demonstration.

I called the FAA and asked if it was still considered commercial use if I did not charge my customers for my drone material. He said yes and explained that if my clients are using them for their monetized product, then I am breaking the law. If I use them in my portfolio and I do not charge for the content, it is still considered commercial use because I am promoting my product and service for financial gain.

The way I use drone photos for my videography for real estate business is to get different perspectives on the home that you don’t usually see.

When you have a DSLR camera that looks at a tall house that is near or far and looks at a hill, you call it an insect’s eye view. This is where you see the structure. And sometimes, it’s not the most flattering sight.

By having a drone under your belt with your photography, you can better show the house in a complete composition. Another reason I use aerial photography is to display decks, yards, solar panels. All of these are selling points for realtors and homeowners. If you can compose your photos in a way and move closer to the home feature, the photo will look fuller and more aesthetically pleasing. You are meeting at home.

Also, you can soar in the air and move farther away from home to show how the home fits into the community. If the HOA includes trails, playgrounds, or other amenities that require exposure, aerial photographs will definitely improve your property from the listings around it.

By taking drone photos, you’re actually separating your listing from a different perspective than a traditional DSLR camera can’t.

How does a drone license help you as a realtor?

As a realtor, how can your photographer, once licensed, benefit your listing? In this example, let’s use where I live, Provo, Utah. Provo is mostly in Class D airspace, which means you are in airspace off the ground. Even if you are fifteen feet from the ground, five feet from the ground, or even one foot from the ground, you are in Class D airspace. And if someone asks, “Where did you get these pictures?” Or “Who took them?” And you had to refer to someone without a license, and they can’t show a license for that, they will be fined, and you will probably be fined.

The FAA does not take violations of Part 107 lightly, especially if there is evidence – and when your listing is direct, your listing address is based on evidence of commercial images.

If you would like to use my service, you can assure me that I am a licensed drone pilot, you can refer me for pictures, and I can submit my license to FSDO (Flight Standards District Office) or local authorities. Show you how to use your photos for commercial use.

As long as I can get legal aerial approval of the location of the shoot, my airlines are included free of charge in my real estate photography marketing package.

Wrapping Up:

Drone content is becoming more mainstream in the videography for real estate and will soon be expected with every listing so that your listing can compete with others. If you are not currently using aerial photography in your listing, you are leaving behind the opportunity to differentiate yourself from other agents, and you will soon be behind it